

The girls are cobedding and doing well. Apparently, Lauren tries to snuggle with Madeline and Madeline just pushes away. I guess she needs her space! Here are the updates:
Lauren:
Her nasal cannula was removed two days ago and she is doing great breathing on her own. She hasn't had any apnea for 5 days and that is a great sign that she is growing out of it. They should be stopping her caffeine soon (that helps with the apnea) and they'll see how she does with that. She's a big 4lbs 11 ounces and just packing on the weight. She is doing well with her feedings and is just a happy little baby. She sleeps A LOT and barely wakes up for her bottle.
Madeline:
Her nasal cannula is still in and she is doing well with that. They tried to decrease the amount of air, but she had two "brady" episodes, so they pushed it back up to where it was yesterday. Hopefully, she'll do better tomorrow. She is 4lbs 4 ounces and is trying to catch up to her sister. Madeline hasn't been able to try a bottle yet, but she should be trying to take one in the next few days. Madeline, unlike her sister, is very alert during her feedings and loves to look around.
Keep up the good works, girls! We love you!
(Pics from top: Cobedding, Lauren w/Dad, Madeline)

7 comments:
Such sweet pictures. Madeline's fingers are so long & skinny. What beautiful girls.
Oh Mel they are so precious. I love all of the updates that you post on them. The reason my blog doesn't show up in reader is because it is private. But, I think I am worth the extra work. I'm glad you guys are doing so well. I think about you often.
The girl are so darling. I am so happy to hear that they are both doing so great...they will be home with you in no time.
I love the one of them sleeping together. Don't they look so cozy? I'm so happy to read all the good news. More to come, I know!
Yay for snuggling girls! They are so precious, and I am dying to see them again. I just need to get rid of this tickle in my throat. I loved the nursing mother comic. So many funny things mothers have to go through.
I love that Madeline needs her space while Lauren wants to snuggle. It's great that their little personalities are showing up already! I'm so happy to hear they are making progress!
The top picture is my favorite--they look like chubby little babies even though they are still so tiny! Glad they are packing on the ounces, though. Can't wait to meet them!
Post a Comment