Monday, October 27, 2008

I Finally Feel Like a Mom

Today was a great day for the girls. I was able to feed Lauren and Madeline their bottles and they both did an excellent job. Lauren has been feeding in about 10 minutes and Madeline takes about 20 minutes....I hope this keeps up when they are home and nursing. One can wish and hope, right? (Of course, the nurses were busy so I didn't get a pic of my first bottle feeding with Madeline...)

Lauren is doing great. I didn't get her weight today, but I am assuming she is just about 5 lbs now. She is doing three bottles a shift and really doing well. She hasn't had any apnea, so they should be weaning her off caffeine in the next couple of days. We hope she continues her great progress. If so, she'll be home in 1-2 weeks.

Madeline is not far behind, but apparently she didn't get my competitive spirit. She takes her time with the bottle, but feeds really well. Slow and steady! Her nasal cannula is still in and she's having some breathing problems, but nothing to worry about. She's getting an xray on Wednesday and we'll know more then. Madeline definitely has had a harder time, but she's a fighter and will catch up with her sister. Dr. Getman said she might be home with her sister in two weeks, but wasn't sure exactly. It's all up to her!

2 comments:

Herlehy Family said...

That is the best news...I am so happy that they are both doing to well.

Kendra said...

How exciting! i'm sure you've both been under alot of stress, but your posts are always upbeat! I'm so happy to hear you'll be home soon!