We saw the girls again today for their 2pm feeding and it was a lot of fun. Grandma Karen was able to see the girls as well and it was wonderful to have her there. While I was harvesting their lunch, Carey changed Lauren's diaper and she gave him a little present- a poopy diaper. She got her foot in the poop and Carey had a great time trying to clean it all up while keeping her in the isolate. Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera on me. It was a great father/daughter moment.
Lauren's Update:
She increased her feedings today and she's eating about 1 ounce every three hours. Doesn't sound like much, but it's a great improvement. They are also going to be removing her IV tube tomorrow and redo her head ultrasound. Somehow that got overlooked, but they are doing it ASAP. She did have more apnea over night, but they cleaned out her nose and she seems to be doing a lot better.
Madeline's Update:
She is officially off the blood pressure medicine and she started her first feedings. The breathing support through her nasal cannula was reduced and they didn't hear any heart murmurs today. That means that the PDA is hopefully closing on its own and the doctors won't need to treat it. She did get a head ultrasound and it looks great and her platelets and white blood cell count look normal. Yeah!
We were also able to take Madeline's temperature for the first time today and change her diaper as well. We should be able to hold her on Saturday or Sunday. Of course, I didn't have my camera so I missed the first diaper change but it went off without a hitch. Carey is a pro at that! (I swear I'm not an absent mom- I just couldn't stand to change the diaper because I was getting really dizzy, etc)
All good news!
Friday, October 10, 2008
Another Update
Posted by Cadle Clan at 7:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Nick and I are so HAPPY to read about the great update today. YEY! Sounds like your beautiful girls are improving each day and well on there way to a full recovery! xoxo
We are so happy that the girls are improving each day. We will keep your family in our prayers.
Good news!! I am so glad they are doing better. I am thinking of you often.
I love that you are "harvesting" the feedings. Fun, Fun - a full time job - I am sure. Kepp up the good work.
Post a Comment