Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Courtney's First Haircut




Yes, it has been over two years, and I have never cute Courtney's hair until yesterday. I was "bored" and decided to cut her hair a little shorter so we have less oatmeal and LIFE cereal stuck to the ends.
The experience actually went really well. She took a bath and then I sat her on the counter, combed out her hair (she hated and started getting wind that something was going to happen), and then just started cutting. My cute sis-in-law cuts hair, so I tried to do what she does....I totally had no idea what I was doing, the hair is pretty straight, and Courtney didn't move. Oh, she cried, but she didn't move.

Raquel, you might need to do a few minor touch-ups, but all in all, it went pretty well!

5 comments:

The Bradford Bunch said...

Hair cuts are always eventful at our house. But on Morgan's first cut(2 1/2 yrs.), she cried also and after I was done, ran to the mirror 'cause she thought I cut off all her hair. When I only cut a couple of inches. Sean still cries every time we cut his hair. He hate the clippers and well, he'll be 8 this year. Aahh, good times. :)

Laurie, the girls and Scott said...

I love her new look! It really brings out her lovely eyes. Oh, maybe that's the tears. I still love the look

Herlehy Family said...

You did a great job! I love Courtney's new look!!! Sometimes even my boys cry when it is time to get their hair cut...very sad.

OramHouse said...

OK, well yours looks much better than my attempt. Raquel had to fix that for me. I tried to give Emma a "style" and all that came out was her crying that she looked like a boy! So now she won't let anyone but "Sister Ruggles" cut her hair. She is scared of me and scissors.

The Fishers said...

Those pictures are so sad... but yet I can't stop laughing.