Lately, Conner has been obsessed with his Book of Mormon. (He has the old school picture one for kids that has the chapters summarized below). He loves it! That's what we read every night before he goes to bed.
Tonight, Carey put him to bed (a rare treat these days) and of course, Conner wanted to read his Book of Mormon. Carey thought that Conner might not understand some of the words, so he changed it to be a more "4 year old friendly" version. Conner quickly corrected him and told him what it should say. Apparently, Conner has been listening.
I think the real secret is that we have the BOM video that shows the picture/narration (again, old school,....VHS...got to love it) and he has been watching that during his nap time. After Carey left, Conner told me all about Abinadi and how he was burned because the "wicked King Noah" didn't want to hear what he had to say. I couldn't help but laugh because he just can repeat back a lot of the stories.
I guess it's true what they say about kids being little sponges. My son certainly is!
Tonight, Carey put him to bed (a rare treat these days) and of course, Conner wanted to read his Book of Mormon. Carey thought that Conner might not understand some of the words, so he changed it to be a more "4 year old friendly" version. Conner quickly corrected him and told him what it should say. Apparently, Conner has been listening.
I think the real secret is that we have the BOM video that shows the picture/narration (again, old school,....VHS...got to love it) and he has been watching that during his nap time. After Carey left, Conner told me all about Abinadi and how he was burned because the "wicked King Noah" didn't want to hear what he had to say. I couldn't help but laugh because he just can repeat back a lot of the stories.
I guess it's true what they say about kids being little sponges. My son certainly is!
1 comments:
That is great! I am always amazed with what they remember even when you think that they are not even listening. Keep up the BOM reading.
Post a Comment