Monday, July 6, 2009

Taking Time...

...to teach our kids how to be "handy". We took the kids over to Home Depot for their free class they have every month. The kids got the little apron (which is why I really wanted to go), a craft, and a pin for finishing the craft. Conner did really well, and Courtney actually was pretty good with a hammer. It was a fun time, but it was ruined when the balloons that they received for completing the project floated away...again, I told them to have me tie it around their wrist, but they didn't listen!



6 comments:

Herlehy Family said...

That is such a fun program, my boys love going.

Liz said...

What a great idea to take kids to Home Depot classes - I'll need to do that with Will when he's old enough.

Kye Nead said...

Count me in next month!! looks like a blast.

Jim and Shana McGavock said...

No way they have a craft day? I gotta go to that! Although, Mya with a hammer........?

OLIVIA said...

Those aprons rock! I was really surprised at the quality! We love ours!

camille said...

Yeah, it takes a while for kids to really believe that the wrist tie is the only way to keep the balloon. It took my kids like 10 balloon loses until they let me do it.

SO, I will send you a pic of the belly, eh? It is just not that impressive to post yet. I'm waiting just a few more wks for it to be "full-blown" ...if you will! I think I'm planning on coming w/o kids on the weekend of Dad's b/day. Mark your calendars!!!