We got back from our stay at Eagle Lake, and we all had a great time. It was filled with lots of water, fabulous food, a few funny stories, dirt, smores, and ended with a very tired family....Here are some highlights....
(We stopped for lunch....Lauren had her first french fry...loved it! Yes, we were very white trash....babies in questionable high chairs, still in their pjs, eating french fries....it's a great life!)
(Of course, Madeline loved it as well!)
(We needed to make an emergency stop for Conner...you can guess what he was doing....)
(Isn't this the best sign ever.? This was posted on the fridge at the house.)

So, Carey and I went to sleep on the couch, and we heard this high screeching sound. I assumed it was coming from outside, so I tried to sleep. Carey woke me up to inform me that there was a bat INSIDE the house. I looked over and saw this...it was so gross! It was crawling on the wall right outside Conner and Courtney's room (the door was ajar, so I was just hoping it wouldn't fly in there..) So, as we try to run for cover, the bat flies right at us, and we hit the deck. I screamed, of course, and everything went dark after that. It was like I was living through my own personal horror film. Carey shut the kids door, we ran into where the babies were sleeping, slammed the door and got into bed. We couldn't sleep, obviously, so in true Carey fashion, he got his phone out and started mastering the game of solitaire....I know, why waste time when you can cross this all too important goal off your "list of things to do before you die". I was trying not to hyperventilate and die from my recent bat attack.
(The twins loved being able to sit out on the deck and have their meals...Thank you Grandma for helping out....) (Conner learning how to drive the boat..He wanted to watch the spray more than where he was going, but he's learning)
3 comments:
Way too go Carey! Look like so much fun. I hope that you did not need your cooler.
Looks like so much fun! That bat story is scarry!!!! We have that exact same tube and it is awesome.
SOOOOOO FUN! The best part was the bat, I'm sure! I would have screamed and all you would've seen is my back and arms a wavin'!!! How scary!!
Post a Comment