Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The Potty.....Revisted.....

So, this all started two days ago when my mom gave me a HUGE bag of starbursts and skittles that she had found in her office from seminary. I'm no fool, so I gladly took it, and thought maybe this would come in handy with potty training. Courtney loves Starbursts, so I gave it a shot.

The amazing this is that it worked! She sat on the potty (with no crying), ate her starburts (which takes a while to chew), and then got off. She never peed in the potty, but just sitting on the toilet with no issues is a major milestone.

Fast forward two days....

While I'm at Wal-Mart, I get a text from Carey..."Courtney peed in the potty!". I almost jumped up in down in the craft isle...most people would think I'm just one of the many crazy people that shop at Walmart, but I refrained and just smiled to myself. Courtney was finally on her way to being "diaper free".

She got up this morning, wet, but still sat on the potty and didn't even ask for a reward. We wore Pull-Ups, again with no issues, and kept them dry most of the morning. I had to run errands, so I told Courtney to go potty....she did (again, with no issue...are you sensing a pattern here) and off we went to Michaels, Nordstrom, and Sam's Club.

At the end of all this, she was still dry, and her and Conner got a happy meal for being so good. I thought this would ruin her dry spell because she was drinking a lot of Sprite, but when I came back downstairs after putting the twins down for their nap, I found her on the potty, completly undressed (hence the reason why there isn't a picture for this entry), going potty like a pro.

I can't believe it...Could I really be down to only TWO kids in diapers?

4 comments:

Laurie, the girls and Scott said...

Congratulations! I am really excited for you, well, and Courtney too! The Starbursts are a great idea. We're trying for a fall potty training extravaganza. I'll get your tips then.

OramHouse said...

I am jealous...Nathan is stagnant and will only have no accidents when he is naked. Put even underwear on and he stops going on the toilet...can't live our lives naked!

Smith Family said...

I'm very excited for you!

Laurie said...

YAHOO!!!