Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Marathon Morning

I just have to write this down so I remember this day when I have a day when the world seems to be crashing down all around me and parenting my kids seems to be an insurmountable task....

I had some errands to run, so after the twins morning naps, we piled everyone into the car, and headed out. I didn't' know how this would turn out, but I was hopeful. I have to say, that my kids are the best shoppers. We went to Babies R Us, where Courtney carried the high chair box from the back of the store to the front (now, this is the high chair that sits on top of a regular seat, just in case you thought that just wouldn't work out), then we drove the mall where I had alterations done at Nordstroms, and a makeover at Macys. Now, if you know the layout of the mall, Nodstrom and Macys are on opposite sides, so the kids did a lot of walking, got to play at the playground when we were done, and had one helping of Mike&Ikes. We had no meltdowns, tantrums, etc.

Needless to say, I need to remember this....My kids were so good. I thought for sure I would have to leave Macys with only half my face done, but they were amazing! The twins looked around, Courtney ate their Cheerios, and Conner kept watch. So perfect!

As a reward, we stopped for two well deserved Happy Meals. What a morning........

6 comments:

OLIVIA said...

Wow! I am shocked you made it beyond Babies R Us, much less able to get a makeover! Definitely a day to remember!

OramHouse said...

You are my hero! The more I think about marathon outings, the more I want to stay home. Missed you at play group today! But that would have been pushing your luck:)

The Bradford Bunch said...

WOW!!! I'm impressed!

Jen said...

You are so brave. I would not even attempt a makover with my kids in tow. I still want to do that - but I never find the time!

camille said...

HOOOOORAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't you feel like you could conquer the world after a day like that? I have to say that I'm not surprised at all. Your kids really are great and so so good. I told Jared that you couldn't find a better pair of twin babies to have if you searched the world over. Those little girls are so happy and carefree! I am so happy for you. I know that must feel fantastic.

p.s. the visual I got of you with your make-up only on half your face made laugh out loud, though!

Herlehy Family said...

You are AMAZING and yes you have some of the best kids on the planet!