Today was Courtney's second day of preschool. I pulled up, got out and was planning on walking her to the door, when she let me know that she could do it all by herself. Sure enough, she marched right up to the door, said hi to her teacher, and went right in. She looked a little hesitant after she crossed the threshold of the front door, but didn't turn around, didn't shed a tear, or even wave goodbye to me.
Courtney, my sweet Courtney, you don't need your mom anymore. When did this happen? I almost starting crying, but figured that one of my goals as a mom is to raise independent children. I guess I can check Courtney off the list! I love you, Courtney, and you always will amaze me.
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Courtney, Miss Independent
Posted by Cadle Clan at 7:52 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
She is an AMAZING little girl. That is a hilarious story, it brought a smile to my face.
It's neat to see them go and do on their own-even as it tugs on our heart stings...
Post a Comment