Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Flu Free





I think we are out of the woods and ready to start interacting with people again. After a LONG week, Courtney, Conner and I are all better and the twins and Carey are perfectly healthy. We are letting Carey out of his isolation chamber with the girls tomorrow morning. I can't tell you how stressed Carey is with all the work he has to get done while trying to take care of newborn twins and have a wife and two other kids that are sick, but he has done an amazing job. Thank you, Carey for being a wonderful husband and father. As a thank you present, Lauren smiled at him three times today after her feedings. I tried to run upstairs (hard to do with my injured leg- story to follow), but I missed it. Hopefully, there will be more in the future!

We did decorate for Christmas while we were in isolation. Pictures to follow....I can't just sit around and do nothing....that's no fun! :)

4 comments:

Jen said...

How cute - they are smiling so early. I love baby smiles! My brother in Seatlle had a premie girl at 32 weeks the same time you had the twins. She was in the hospital for 8 weeks and now the doctor does not want them to go anywhere until March due to RSV! I hope you can escape sooner than that.

Herlehy Family said...

I think that Lauren gave her Dad the best pay day possible. The best part about it is there will be more smiles to come. I am so happy your family to feeling better.

Liz said...

I'm so glad you guys are feeling better. Hopefully staying in isolation worked for the twins (& Carey). I guess you'll know for sure in the next few days or so.
How exciting that Lauren smiled!

alecia said...

I am very glad that you guys are feeling better. It is so horrible to be sick. Especially when you end up having to miss holidays and seeing family. Hopefully this was the one and only time you all get sick this winter! Well we can cross our fingers anyway.