So, I put the kids down for a nap after they spent the morning with Grandma Linda (thanks mom!). It was 2pm and all my kids normally sleep until at least 4:30pm. Courtney climbs into bed and I go downstairs to get lunch (yes, i don't eat until 2pm because it's quiet and I can relax!). As I come back upstairs, I hear Courtney playing in her room. Now, our rule is that you have to stay in your room until mom comes and gets you. I tell Courtney to try to sleep, she climbs into her bed, and I leave.
Two hours pass, she's still playing in her room. Nap time is up, so I go and open her door. That's when the smell of poop hits me like a ton of bricks. I look down and my daughter is completely naked standing at her door with poop EVERYWHERE! Walls, door, nightstand, hands, face, carpet, diaper, pants, EVERYWHERE! Oh, where to begin. I grab Courtney and wipe her off as much as possible and throw her into the bath. Then I proceed to disinfect and clean her entire room. I am a little freaked out with germs, so needless to say, her room smelled like rug cleaner and Lysol for the rest of the day.
Ahh, Courtney....I love you so much but why, oh why, do you take off your diaper when you're bored. It's something I'll never quite understand. I can safely say that I have had my share of cleaning up bodily fluids and the like for at least another week.
Here's to motherhood!
(No pics included because, well, I didn't think anyone wanted to see that)
Monday, December 8, 2008
Another Day in Paradise
Posted by Cadle Clan at 8:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
I'm speechless!
Oh Melanie,
I am so sorry...but, I have to laugh! Dallin and Alyssa go through phases of this when they are suppose to be sleeping, I will walk by their room and find the two of them diaper less and their beds covered with poop...Anyway, I have resorted to scotch taping their diapers on. I usually take the tape a few times around, (make sure you start and finish in the back otherwise they can peel the tape off:))!
Your girls are gorgeous! I am so glad they are finally home, and you can all be a family! Merry Christmas!
At time like this I like to think of what Sister Hinckley said; "I would rather laugh than cry!" Hang in there.
Horrible news! My friend's daughter used to do this too. She finally had to duct tape the diapers. That did the trick. Good luck.
I am so sorry!! I can't even imagine how horrible that must have been. I think I would have ran into the bath room.
I am so sorry! Jacob did the exact same thing...only in the bathroom. At least I could "easily" clean every surface in that room. I was pretty ANGRY. I remember calling Richard at work and informing him I deserved a medal!
Who ever thought being a mom would be so gross????
WOW! I could visualize the room. That stinks... Her future boyfriends will appreciate that story!!! Good to see you guys and hope all is well.
Pictures would have been funny. Andrew totally squatted in the corner of his room once. I was beyond disgusted but thankful he didn't spread it like wildfire like Courtney did. Silence from your kids is almost never a good thing.
Oh my goodness....That is the craziest thing ever. My kids have never taken off their diapers, thank goodness. My little brother did wipe poop on my leg while I was watching T.V. when he was little, though. I thought that was bad. I was still young enough my mom cleaned it up! Well, so much for relaxing:)
Post a Comment