
So, to anyone out there who has had babies, you will understand the "muffin top". The squishy, flabby skin that has been stretched out with pregnancy and takes a while to suck back in. This, my friends, is the thorn in my side.
There are three solutions that I have come up with. 1) Wear spanx all the time (if you don't know what spanx are, google it. they're amazing), 2)wear really high waisted jeans (never a good look...), 3) Loose weight and hope that the skin goes back in. I'm opting for the third option, not a fun one, but the most practical.
The baby weight seem to come off pretty fast with Conner and Courtney, but with the twins, the last 15 pounds or so (to get back to high school weight- one can dream, right?), is just hanging on. This is partly due to the fact that my legs just started healing from some problems I was having with walking, and also because I love food and it's the holidays.
That said, I am started my New Year's Resolution early. My birthday is a month away, and although I won't be able to loose 15 pounds in 4 weeks (safely, that is), I can put a dent in the weight.
Wish me luck! They say if you write down your goal you're more likely to finish it. I thought if I took it one step further and wrote it down in cyberspace, where everyone can read it, I would have no excuse to fail!
Now, I must go and throw away all the treats that are left over from the holidays...
Saturday, December 27, 2008
Muffin Top
Posted by Cadle Clan at 12:56 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Good luck...I am sure you will do great!
Ok, first of all, you are making me laugh so hard right now! I LOVE your sense of humor, Mel. I could totally hear your voice saying this stuff and it was fun. Second, you JUST had those babies and should not be feeling like skin has reached its full elasticity for like another 5 months...at least!!! Third, you are just naturally a two dimensional person and WILL go back to your pre-super skinniness-eat a pork chop covered in butter, please- body! And fourth, you are just a beautiful girl, Melanie!
Missed you over the holiday! Can't wait to see you soon...your b-day maybe?!
That would be so much fun if you could come up for my bday! What a present!
Post a Comment