Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Birthday Courtney



Our little Courtney turns TWO today! She came VERY quickly on a Monday morning two years ago, and our lives have never been the same. She is a crazy, fun little girl that always keeps us on our toes. Here are some of our favorites about Courtney (in no particular order)!

1. She loves to sing the "Clean Up" song and will start picking toys up the second she hears it.
2. She has to have a bag of "cookies", aka crackers, with her when we're in the car.
3. She loves to brush her teeth and will do this every 15 minutes if we let her (maybe she'll be a dentist?).
4. Courtney has to find out life's lessons the hard way. We can't tell her a better way to do things...she finds out on her own. Luckily, she's a fast learner!
5. She loves her brother and they play really well together.
6. She's obsessed with her daddy. When she hears the garage door opening, she takes off running towards the door.
7. She's a princess...she'll stand at the top of the stairs and say in the sweetest voice, "Carry me, carry me" over and over until you get her.
8. She loves to have "time outs" in her room. She'll give herself one by shutting her bedroom door, climbing into bed, and reading.
9. Her scream can shatter windows!
10. When we say family prayers, she always sits in mommy's lap and gives a kiss. (Then Conner and Courtney hug before bed, which is really quite cute!)

Happy Birthday Courtney. Life wouldn't be the same without you. You have blessed our lives for the past two years and we look forward to many more!

4 comments:

Herlehy Family said...

Happy Birthday Courtney! I love her spunky little personality.

Laurie said...

Happy Birthday!!

THE TAYLORS said...

Hey, I forgot that they shared the same b-day. There just weren't enough days in the year to have cousins not share birthdays :) lol, just like how my sisters couldn't find different names for their boys that were born a month apart.

You know me and free stuff... I'll take what I can get!... Are you sure you are done having kids? Tana offered to 'give' me her maternity clothes and I told her " I will borrow them". For some crazy reason she thinks she is done :) I say 'accidents happen'.

Happy Day to you Courtney, a little late.

Liz said...

Happy Birthday Courtney! It's great that you have her trained to clean up as soon as you start singing the "Clean Up" song. If only I would automatically start cleaning when I sing it.