So, Carey and I left the kids with one of my best friends last night so we could enjoy some time out of the house with friends (and no kids!). We had a great time, and to top off the night, when we came home, Kye told me the cutest story about Conner.
So, normally when we have a sitter, Conner can watch a movie in his room after everyone goes to bed. Well, earlier that day, I told Conner that because he wasn't being good (talking back to me,etc), he wouldn't be able to watch a movie that night. I guess the whole "watching a movie when a sitter is here" slipped my mind. Well, when bed time rolled around, Kye asked if Conner wanted to watch a movie, and he said, "yes!". I guess the guilt was too much for him to take, because 20 minutes later he went downstairs and told Kye that he wasn't supposed to watch a movie and that she should turn it off.
I about died when I heard that. He was being so honest and just wanted to do the right thing. I love it! (oh, he also made sure they read their scriptures before bed....so cute!) I hope this continues as he gets older....the teenage years will be a EASY if it does!
We love you, Conner. You are a special boy and we are blessed to have you in our lives!
8 comments:
That is so precious. He is as sweet as him mommy.
That is so sweet. What a cutie. It always makes me smile how similar him and Haylee are. I hope she's like that too.
What a sweet story!
Conner is such a great little boy! I am sure that he has learned how to be honest by watching you and Carey.
Bailey is very much like that as well. He's 8 and it's still there for the most part. I'm hoping we can make it last at least until 16?! Isn't hard to punish sweet little boys like that?
so precious!! what a good boy:)
That is the cutest boy ever! You guys should be very proud with the way you have raised him. :)
You will be so glad you documented that! What a pure little heart!
Post a Comment