Sunday, October 11, 2009

Double the Fun....

We celebrated the twins birthday on Saturday, and we had a great time. I made them each a cake (a giant cupcake....decorated with hot pink and brown icing....although, the hot pink looked more red....oh well). The twins were a little fussy since it was past their great bedtime of 6pm, but we had fun. Had appetizers, cake, cookies, a bath (for the twins because of the icing) and then presents!

Thank you family and friends (the twins each got to invite two friends...haha!)! We had a great time!

(Does Lauren look tired? haha!)
(So, their birthday cakes were giant cupcakes...they were unimpressed!)
(It's my party and I can cry if I want to.....)


(Happy Birthday to my twins...notice the matching onesies with their names...cheesy? yes, but I love it!)
(Proud Dad with the twins....love it!)
(The twins and two of their friends....Kate and Addison...it was impossible to take a picture where everyone was smiling....)
(Lauren...this is just about as happy as she would get all night!)
(Maddie....loving the cake....)

(Most of the gang and the aftermath of the presents....)

7 comments:

Herlehy Family said...

They both look so cute in their matching shirts and bows! I love the photo of the girls crying with their cakes, we have the same photo on Carson's first birthday. I think that sometimes the first party is just a bit overwhelming to a one year old.

Smith Family said...

Looks like a great party and the twins look so adorable in their matching outfits! And you, my dear, are one hot mama! :) Again, sorry to have missed it!

alecia said...

I can't believe that the twins are already a year old! They are so cute! Looks like a great party even with the little meltdowns. They are girls, so there needs to be one of these at least around each birthday. :)

OramHouse said...

OK, with the two close up pics of them I see how they look different. Maybe it's the angle, though too. Can you fake a life threatening disease and get their DNA tested? Wouldn't it be funny if randomly mine were identical and yours weren't? haha

Jillian Goulding said...

i love the matching onsies....you didn't tell me about those!!! where did you order/buy them at? oh, and the cake looked great. good job!

Arianna A. said...

So much fun!

camille said...

oh, I'm so sad that I missed it! SO cute, though, Mel! Love the onsies (not cheese AT ALL) and the cupcakes were adorable. You are such a fantastic mom and you inspire me everyday! I love you!