Yesterday, I packed everyone up and went to the park down the street. Seemed relaxing enough...the kids could play, the twins would sit and watch, and I could visit with friends, etc.....That's not what happened...
Conner found a toy in the bark chips and started playing with it over by the huge drain that's near the water tower. I didn't think much of it until I turned around and saw him crying and looking down in the drain. I assumed that he had dropped the toy and was upset. Wrong again...
He had reached down to get the toy and realized that he couldn't get his arm out of the drain. I ran over to find him totally stuck and in a panic! I am so grateful that my friends were there to watch my kids and help me with Conner...I tried to get his arm out, he cried harder....I was just about to call Carey (he's my go to problem solver guy) when a wonderful mother gave me a great idea of shoving his arm further down the hole, rotating his arm, and pulling it out. I'm happy to report, that it worked like a charm, and Conner is back to normal without any marks to show for his experience.
So, just as a warning to everyone else that goes to the "new park", the drain cover near the water tower loves little hands, feet and arms, and doesn't give them up easily! :)
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
A Stressful Afternoon...
Posted by Cadle Clan at 8:28 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
YIKES! Yea for other moms to the rescue! Now you will be the mom in the know when it happens to another child! That is probably how she knew!
That is so scary! I am so glad the Conner arm is ok.
Post a Comment