Last night, I decorated the breakfast table with the kids baskets, eggs, etc. and was really excited for them to discover what the Easter Bunny had given them. In my mind, it was a lot better than what actually happened.
Here's the picture of the table...I know, not too cute, but it's the best that I could do given my day on Saturday. ( I was really excited that I found a Star Wars Clone Trooper Helmet basket for Conner and no, the twins didn't get a basket this year...I know, bad mom!)
Our Easter miracle is that the kids all slept in until about 6:30am or so...I was able to make breakfast (Easter Lamb Cinnamon Rolls- thank you mom) and bacon, etc. before the kids got up. Courtney and Conner came downstairs and Conner ran to see what was in his basket. Courtney, on the other hand, was scared to death and ran to Carey for protection. Apparently, large baskets full of candy and toys are too scary for her.
(Conner looking at his basket...he wouldn't look at me in fear something would be taken)
(Doesn't s he look so scared! What have I done to this child?)
(Courtney thinking about venturing over and looking at her basket...I know, Easter can be a very traumatic experience)
2 comments:
I would be scared of a Star Wars "Easter" basket if I were her too. :)
She is such a funny girl!
Post a Comment