Friday, February 20, 2009

Another Potty Story....

So, this morning, Courtney got up and wanted to watch Barney. This is pretty typical since she gets up at 6am and I'm not really ready to start the day. Well, Connner got up and followed us downstairs, and this is what happened next....

Courtney: "Does Barney pee pee in the potty?
Mom: "Yes. Barney pee pees in the potty!" (very excited that she's talking about the potty)
Conner: "No! Barney doesn't use a potty. He doesn't have a weiner"
Mom: "Yes, he does. He uses the potty...." (trying to get back on track with peeing in the potty)
Conner: (confused) "How does Barney have a weiner? I've never seen it!"
Mom: "Let's just go watch Barney and we'll see if he uses the potty" (hoping he would forget)
Conner: "Ok, but Barney doesn't have a weiner. Dinosaurs don't have weiners!"

You just have to love the honest questions that kids have!

7 comments:

Herlehy Family said...

Thanks for making me laugh. I love how a child's mind works.

Nelson Family said...

That is hilarious!! Matt and I got a good laugh out of that one!!

Jen said...

Thanks for the good laugh!!!

Smith Family said...

Hahaha!

Chelle said...

Aahh too funny! Marc and I laughed out loud!

Laurie, the girls and Scott said...

Yeah, strange. I've never seen Barney use the potty either. Just tell your kids he goes AFTER the show is over and that his you-know-what is hidden in his dinosaur pants. Of course dinosaurs wear pants!

Unknown said...

Yeah, I had a feeling today was going to be a good day.... that was the best thing I have heard in a long time! Hilarious. what's so great is I am sitting here picturing the three of you having this conversation :)