Friday, July 2, 2010

To The Woman at the Gym.....

Thank you for stopping me today to compliment me on my children. Most people stop and stare and think I'm just nuts for having four kids so young. 99% of the time, I am met with negative comments about how having so many children is just a hassle and a headache. Thank you for being uplifting and positive in regards to raising children. I could tell that you really do love being a mother and that was very refreshing to see. I have no idea who you are, but thank you for making my day and giving me a little boost when I needed it.

3 comments:

allison said...

Melanie, I know exactly what you're talking about! I get comments constantly, usually it's the sympathetic "you've got your hands full" or "are they ALL yours?" often I'll hear "no twins??" - that remark is followed by the fake smile that shouts 'you're crazy!'
I guess times have changed because 4 kids didn't seem like a lot when I was a kid. Anyway, it is refreshing to run into someone who has an uplifting comment, it really does go a long way!

allison said...

Ok...that comment was not meant to sound like 4 kids is a piece of cake...just that you aren't insane to have 4!

(pretty sure most people mistake me for insane:)

Cadle Clan said...

I totally understand what you're saying!!!! :) We are in the same boat together....insane and loving it, right? :)