Monday, December 19, 2011

Secrets ALMOST told...

Conner came home from school the other day, and informed me that one of his friends told him that Santa wasn't real and that it was really his mom and dad leaving gifts. Trying not to panic (or have extreme dislike to whoever is ruining Christmas at such a young age), I simply asked, "Well, what do you think about that? Do you think Santa exists?".

Conner looked at me, thought about it for a second, and simply replied, "I hope Santa exists, because I know you won't get up in the middle of the night to leave me presents."

Yes, Conner. You are right. Santa better exist...If only for that reason alone.

4 comments:

Herlehy Family said...

Conner is such a cute kid! I am happy that he still believes in Santa.

OLIVIA said...

It's nice to know our kids think so little of us! :)

allison said...

That's so funny! I agree with Olivia!!

camille said...

heeeee heeeee!

Kai said the other day,"I am feeling like it is you and Dad who move the elf mouse around every night. Hmmm". Me: "What? No way. I was asleep!" Kai: "Oh. Ok!"

Um, either he was to trusting or he is feeling sorry for me and thinks I WANT him to believe. He might be carrying on a charade for me. How sweet!