So, today was a rough one. As a mom, you have days where you are on top of things and everything runs smoothly. To truly appreciate those days, you have days where everything seems to be working against you and all you really want to do is run out the door screaming. Well, today was one of those days.
The first thing is that I decided that the twins have been on bottles long enough (bedtime/nap time bottles) and I was done washing bottles. So, this morning was their last bottle. They haven't had much milk to drink (because they believe sippy cups are only for water), but they haven't complained too much. Things melted down when we went to dinner with some friends tonight, but all in all, they handled the change pretty well.
The second thing is that I decided to really clean Conner and Courtney's room. I got rid of clothes, toys, movies, etc. and it really felt good to have their closets looking perfect and everything organized, put away, and looking so pretty. Well, this is what I found when, after two hours of telling Courtney that she needed to go to sleep, I went in her room to have a talk with her. My, oh my, not one of my finer moments in my years as a mother, but can you blame me? Look at it.
(on second thought, I will just describe it to you....naked pictures probably not the best idea)
Here is my daughter, totally naked, taking all the stuffing out of her enormous puppy. She has toys, books, and clothes scattered everywhere on top of the stuffing mess. I mean really.....Where do I start? She knew she had done something really naughty and started apologizing as soon as she saw me. That made it a little better, but seriously child, what were you thinking?
Everyone says that I will look back and miss these moments. I can state for the record that I will not miss this and I'm perfectly ok with never reliving it again.
4 comments:
I am sorry you had a rough day! I had a day like that on Thursday...I wanted to put Carson in bed at 9:00 AM and that is just a bit too early for a nap. However, the thing I always try and remind myself is tomorrow can only get better and in most cases it does. Hang in there!
Yeah, hang in there! I'm pretty sure every mom has "those days", but some of us are just more vocal about it :) Plus, the days that are good we sure do appreciate more!
Wow---well, hopefully this week is better!
I'm pretty sure I'll meet you out on the street sometime screaming too. I'll look forward to it!
Post a Comment